|Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)|
PTSA stands for Parent Teacher Student Association. The PTSA is a volunteer association that connects families, schools, and communities by providing programs and services at your child’s school. PTSA is the nation’s largest volunteer-led child-advocacy association working to drive improvements in the education, health, and well-being of all children and families. When you are a member of PTSA, you are an advocate for your child and for all children at Monterey High School.
MHS PTSA is a 501(c)3 Tax Exempt Organization #23 - 7040695
|How Does the PTSA Help Monterey High School?|
- We fund Teacher Grants - Past grants were used for the robotics team, an aeronautical design competition, multiple Mathletics competitions, the art program, MHS Garden project, STEM equipment, and supplies used directly in the classrooms by our students. Teacher Grant Request Form 2021-2022
- Coordinate and sponsor the Annual Sober Grad Night – a safe and fun place for our students on graduation night.
- Provide Scholarships to our high school seniors.
- Honor our school Faculty & Staff with Appreciation Events throughout the year.
|How Can You Help Monterey High School?|
- Become a PTSA member - The cost is $15 for Parents, Guardians, and Teachers. $10 for Students. Please join the PTSA and pay online here or submit the following form:
- Amazon purchases - If you shop on Amazon you can support the PTSA at no additional cost to you. Please sign in to AmazonSmile on your desktop computer or mobile phone to set Monterey High PTSA as your charity.
- eScrip - eScrip is the longest-running, most successful shop-to-fundraise "electronic scrip" program in the United States. Create or sign in to your account at https://www.escrip.com. Enter our group name of Monterey High School PTSA and register your debit and credit cards. As you shop, you will earn funding for the organizations you support.
- Send a Donation to PTSA - Please make your check payable to MHS PTSA and mail it or drop it off at the MHS Main office located at 101 Herrmann Drive, Monterey. CA 93940.
- Get Involved with PTSA - Attend and participate in quarterly General PTSA meetings. Consider joining the PTSA Board - Monthly opportunity to meet and talk with the principal and/or other school leaders.
UPCOMING GENERAL ASSOCIATION MEETINGS:
Tuesday, April 19 @ 6 PM
Join Us on Zoom!
Or Telephone: US: +1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 915 8028 6019 Password: 986931
Gather your favorite beverage, and join us for a virtual PTSA meeting!
It really is a great way to attend a PTSA meeting, from the convenience of your home! If you're joining us (we hope you will!), plan to introduce yourself; for parents - tell us about your student(s), and you'll have an opportunity to ask questions of other involved parents, teachers, and administrators.
We will be voting for the Executive Board officers for next year.
Please join us!
Proposed Slate of Officers for 2023-24:
Traci Davis, President
Mindy Surratt, Executive Vice-President
Aubrianne Perry, First Vice-President, Sober Grad
Carmel York, Treasurer
Erika Takada, Secretary
Patricia Garcia, Historian
Linae Ishii-Devine, Membership Chair
Kaytie Tong, Fundraising Chair
Here's how to join in!
- Purchase an Honor Wall Tile - Contributing to the Toreadore Honor Wall supports the PTSA and our efforts support the school. Tiles can be purchased to commemorate a special team, honor a favorite athlete, celebrate a student, or remember a loved one.
|Executive Board Members|
1st Vice-President - Sober Grad Chair
Committee Chair Fund Raising
Committee Chair Membership
|Follow Us on Facebook|
@ Monterey High School PTSA